How to choose a Quality homecare company
When choosing an agency to provide private care services for you or a loved one, there are a number of important questions you should ask. The following are some of the questions you need to ask;
- Is the agency licensed and certified?
- How long has the agency been in operation
- Does the agency provide care 24/7 including holidays and weekends?
- How does the agency assure continuity of care?
- Will the carer be an employee of the agency or an employee of the client?
- Will the same carer be assigned all the time?
- What is the agency’s process for checking the background and competency of the carers it hires?
- Are references from previous or current clients available?
- Does the agency carry liability insurance?
- Who determines how much care is needed and what type of care is safe and appropriate?
- What type of supervision is provided to the carers?
- Does the agency have written policies relating to the description of services, hours of operation, eligibility requirements, fees, patient rights, confidentiality, complaint procedures, and emergency arrangements?